Short Story Competition
Want an exclusive chance to have your fantasy fiction short story featured on our website and the chance to walk away with £150? Plus an exclusive interview with you on our website, blog, newsletter and all our social media platforms that would then be seen by all our influential followers? Then send us your stories for a chance to win!
For this competition, we will be accepting all genres of short -stories as long as they have a fantasy-fiction element in it. So you can write about romance, comedy, action, non- fiction, tragedy or horror as long as these stories contain a fantasy fiction element in it, whether big or small.
Fantasy fiction is a genre that uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as an element of the plot, theme or setting. There are many different types of fantasy fiction. Here is an example of a short story that is not a traditional fantasy fiction story but is one that we will accept: http://www.microhorror.com/microhorror/author/kia-storm/the-invisible-alien-watcher/
All stories should be contain a title, be double spaced, in a word document, contain page numbers and between 500 – 1,000 words. Submissions which ignore these guidelines will be rejected.
The deadline for your entries will be the 30th of September 2012. Winner will be announced only on our Facebook page on October 1st 2012 (announcement extended to November). This competition is exclusively available to our Facebook Fans so if you haven’t already done so. Like us on Facebook if you would like to enter the competition and keep up- to-date with all our news and commentary in the publishing arena.
There will be two winners for this competition. The first winner will receive £150 cash prize together with their story published on Story Star Publishing website and all our social media platforms as well as interview. The runner up will also have their story published on the website and all our social media platforms as well as an interview.
Story Star Publishing reserves the right to publish and archive these two stories indefinitely.
Please send all your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the email subject line put “Short story for Story Star Publishing”.
Are you a budding fantasy- fiction author looking for your first break? Perhaps you are looking to try new techniques to elevate your career that will move with the digitally advanced sphere? If yes, then achieve your aspirations with an exciting, personable company that will help you make priceless connections within the industry and gain new techniques to sell yourself and your work, right at the start of your publishing journey.
Story Star is proud to announce that we are currently looking for new book proposals in the fantasy fiction genre for publication next year. We aim to provide a useful learning environment for authors from all backgrounds especially if you are a young, aspiring author. We will be accepting unsolicited submissions on this occasion.
If you are looking to submit your book proposal to us, it is essential that you follow our guidelines:
- In the body of the email, outline your book proposal which should be no longer than 2 pages in length. Your book proposal must include a title page (title of your book, your name and contact information), a synopsis (a short summary of your story only), a biographical section (any publishing experience, about you etc.) as well as 2-3 paragraphs explaining why this book would sell and how it can compete on the publishing market.
- All proposals should be double spaced.
- With your book proposal email, we must have a partial manuscript (the first two chapters) for your forthcoming novel. All pages in the manuscript are to be numbered and should also be double spaced.
- Please attach your partial manuscript to the email the email above and in the subject line; please put “Book Proposal and Manuscript for Story Star Publishing”.
- The book proposal and the partial manuscript can be sent to our submissions team at email@example.com. All proposals and manuscripts will be read on an individual basis by a member of our submissions team.
If you fail to meet the above requirements, your submission will not be accepted. Only a small number of proposals will meet our criteria. We are not able to offer a personal critique of your work or offer reasons for not accepting your proposal on this occasion.
We aim to review your submission within 3 months from your original submission date. Please be patient and only contact us during this time using the above email address if necessary. If you have not heard anything from us by then, please assume that your submission has not been successful at this time.
If you have further questions, please also email us at the address above and we’ll be happy to help.
We cannot wait to start working with you!